So last week I ended when I created a ramp on both ends that
went to a second level, so this week I decided to only concentrate on finishing
the bottom level so at least that way I could test something out in my level
without waiting. The first thing I set about doing was to create snaking
corridors from the ramps which entered into the centre of the room where
majority of the fighting will commence due to the open area and high
concentration of weapons (which I will
get too next) . I created snaking and tight corridors because if the player
meets enemies in the corridors then the fighting will be fast paced and tense
due to the small are this should add a nice new dynamic to the flow and the
overall fell of gameplay.
Once the outlines of the centre room was created I decided
to put 4 weapon lockers down by going to actor classes in the content browser
and dragging in weapon content factory from the menu, I then had to change the
settings by double clicking the object then going to the option in the menu to
add a weapon and I added shock rifles to all 4 weapon lockers and placed them
in the corners of the room. The reason I put them in this place was to give the
players a reason to enter the big centre room and fight for a better weapon, I also
placed rocket launchers at the ends of the corridors on either end so the
player would have to run into a dead end for the most powerful weapon thus
risking death, I done this because I didn’t want to offer the most powerful
weapon out easily without risk otherwise everyone would go for it, this way you
only will go for it if you’re willing to risk your life to get more kills.
After adding in the weapons and pickups I then started to
walk across my centre room and i started to realise t is really big when
playing the game which I didn’t like because I thought it would slow down the pacing
the game so I needed to add some way increasing the traversal speed, so I went
on the VLE and found a tutorial for jump pads and I thought that could be quite
interesting for travel so I decided to do it and I went into the actor classes
in the content browser again and dragged in 4 jump pads and placed in similar positions to the shock
rifles and then began to create the landing spots for them in front of the shock rifles in opposite
corners, this way each jump pad threw you across the room in a arc to a shock
rifle I thought this could bring in some fun gameplay due to enemies jumping
overhead while shooting as well as the player doing this and at the same time increasing
the gameplay speed for the room.




No comments:
Post a Comment