In today’s lesson I began by touching up on my designs and
making sure they were ready. Once my initial designs were done I began
with the building of the level, I done this in a blocked out form so that we
can get the gameplay working in the game before we start to make it look good.
The blocks were given to us in a map called ublock_map_01.
Once i got this map I decided to double the size of the map in length because I want symmetry for a capture the flag map I did this by selecting the builder brush and doubling the number on the x axis.
Once i got this map I decided to double the size of the map in length because I want symmetry for a capture the flag map I did this by selecting the builder brush and doubling the number on the x axis.
Once my floor was the right size I used the
pieces already provided in the level to create a border around the edge this
will stop any AI walking of the ends when testing and shows that the level will
be closed off, Once my walls were in place I began by building one side of my
level with a long corridor in the center and then duplicating it on the other
side this is because I’m creating a capture the flag map and it would be
unfair to give one team access to something and the not the others, it also
allows for a better team vs team gameplay flow by having both teams coming at
each other from opposite ends.
Then when the corridors were built I then created two ramps
either side of the corridor that joined in the middle and went up towards the
center for a higher level of the map, again I duplicated this effect on the
other side to keep symmetry. That’s all I completed this week but so far I’m
enjoying the layout of the map and i will have to wait to see once more has
been added before I try to make changes to improve it because as the level
stands there’s not enough in it to test how it plays so far.







No comments:
Post a Comment