Sunday, 21 June 2015

FlipBook Textures

Flip book textures are used to create simple and short animations easily just like a flip book (hence the name). They have the ability to cycle through a series of images spaced out equally on a sheet just like an animation and then will show it on screen. Once the pictures are imported as a correct flip book sheet texture they can be changed into a material and added to any mesh in level depending on the result you want.

I decided to try out the fire flip book texture in my level; I used these as markers to show the ends of my level and as light sources. I did this by adding the material to meshes at the ends of my level in an attempt to keep the players at the center of my level so that the pace of action would stay high.


After play testing the level a few more times after adding these addition in I decided that they were unnecessary and over top and so I replaced them with walls so that the player knows were the boundaries are and keeps them in the center areas were the action will be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment